Disgusting Dentals Contest Official Rules
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Do not enter this contest if you are not eligible (see Eligibility Requirements) at the time of entry.
The Disgusting Dentals Contest (the “Contest”), sponsored by Zoetis US LLC (the “Sponsor”) will begin at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 1, 2019 and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on February 25, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding on you in all matters relating to this Contest.
1. Eligibility Requirements: The Contest is open to individuals who, at the time of entry and, if a winner, the time of prize fulfillment, are legal residents of the United States, are 18 years of age or older and are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside and are licensed veterinary professionals, credentialed veterinary technicians currently employed by a veterinary practice in the United States, and veterinary students currently enrolled in an accredited veterinary program in the United States. The Contest is not open to employees, officers or directors of Sponsor or any of its respective parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, or any other company involved in the development or implementation of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parent, grandparent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where they live), or household members (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing. Void outside the United States and where prohibited by law.
2. Entry: During the Contest Period, take a photo of dog or cat teeth, then share the photo on the Viral Vet App with #disgustingdentals19. You must download the Viral Vet App to enter and participate. The Viral Vet App is a free download available through iTunes and Google Play. A Viral Vet App post must comply with all terms and conditions applicable to the use of Viral Vet App [insert link?] Your properly completed submission will constitute your “Entry” into the Contest. Once submitted, an Entry cannot be deleted, cancelled or modified. Entries must include all required information and the required hashtag or they will not be eligible. Limit: one (1) Entry per person/email address/Viral Vet account (as applicable) for the entire Contest Period. Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to create and/or submit any Entry. In case of multiple Entries received from any person/email account or Viral Vet account during the Contest Period, only the first Entry received from such person, email address, or Viral Vet account will be included in the Contest. If you choose to enter via a mobile device, STANDARD MESSAGE RATES AND DATA CHARGES APPLY. Please consult the terms and conditions of your individual service plan prior to participating via a mobile device. No method of submitting an Entry other than those described above will be accepted or acknowledged. Photos and any accompanying text or other material deemed to be of an indecent or offensive nature, as solely determined by Sponsor and its agents in their discretion, will not be eligible for the Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for: any lost, late, misdirected, garbled, damaged, or incomplete Entries; incomplete or inaccurate capture of, or loss of, Entries or entry information (regardless of cause); technical, hardware, software, telephone or other malfunctions, errors, delays, unavailability or failures of any kind; any Internet connection, software or hardware; any other delays in the transmission or receipt of Entries, whether human or technical in nature; or unauthorized human intervention. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Photo Entry Requirements: Photos and all other components of each Entry (e.g., any text accompanying any Photo) must be entrant’s own original creation and must have been created solely by entrant. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as entrant’s own creation. By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby warrants and represents that the Entry (including any Photo that is part of the Entry) conforms to the following requirements:
- The Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, or professional group, or of any sexual orientation, national affiliation, disability, or referential to any particular socioeconomic group or age group, nor can it be profane or pornographic, or reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity.
- The Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
- The Entry cannot depict any cartoons, drawings, images, slogans, advertising copy, phrases and marks that identify a brand or any proprietary mark of any living person or deceased.
- The Entry cannot promote any religious or political agenda or messages.
- The Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group.
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies.
- The Entry cannot contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without written permission of the trademark owner, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses.
- The Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission, and cannot be in violation of any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, nor can it portray any person in a false light
- Other than entrant’s likeness, the Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
- The Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate.
- The Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself constitute, a violation of any law.
- The Entry cannot depict or suggest any direct competitors of Sponsor.
Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for the Contest. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry submitted. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that: (a) it is, in its entirety, the entrant’s original work; (b) it has not been previously published; (c) it has not won previous awards in a contest, sweepstakes or giveaway sponsored by Sponsor; (d) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) publication of the Entry via various media including on the Sponsor’s website and social media channels, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any claims to the contrary.
4. Winner Selection: The three (3) most disgusting photos will be selected and ranked by Viral Vet, in its sole discretion, as grand, second and third place winners among all eligible Entries on approximately February 25, 2019. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. Winners will be notified on or around [March 1, 2019] via email. If Sponsor is unable to contact a prospective winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if a prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if a prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her Prize (as defined below) will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change to an entrant’s email address or Viral Vet account subsequent to entering the Contest that makes contact with such entrant impossible. By accepting a prize, each winner (a) agrees and consents to Sponsor releasing his/her identity/name to any one requesting a list of Prize winners; and (b) acknowledges that the Released Parties (as defined in Rule 6, below) have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, or fitness for a particular purpose or use.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize of a Basic Prophylaxis Set: #1-#5 Mouth Mirror (Estimated Retail Price $158.00). One (1) second prize of Wiggs's Veterinary Dentistry: Principles and Practice 2nd Edition (Estimated Retail Price $149.99). One (1) third prize of a Clear Canine Jaw Anatomical Model (Estimated Retail Price $99.00). Each of the aforementioned is referred to as a “Prize”. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of Prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
6. Conditions: Each entrant by participating in this Contest agrees: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; (2) that the Entry becomes the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; (3) that he or she shall accept delivery of the Prize based upon availability; (4) that neither the Sponsor nor any entity working for or on behalf of the Sponsor, nor any of its or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), are responsible or liable for any claim, injury, loss, harm or damage costs, or expenses, including without limitation, property damages, personal injury, and/or death, arising out of participation in this Contest, any prize-related activities, or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize (including, but not limited to, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery); (5) that, except where prohibited by law, entry, or acceptance of the prize constitutes the grant to Sponsor of an unconditional right to use the participant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, address (city and state), biographical information, prize information including, without limitation, photographs of the prize), and/or statements about the Contest for any publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter invented without time or territorial limitations for this or similar promotions without additional notice or compensation; (6) that acceptance of the prize constitutes a waiver of any claim to royalties, rights or remuneration for said use; and (7) that United States laws shall apply exclusively to the Contest and that any dispute with respect to the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems capable of corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date of the Contest Period, Viral Vet will select the Contest winners from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date and time of the event giving rise to the termination; Sponsor will post notification of the cancellation at www.viralvet.com.
7. Winners List: To be notified of the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Disgusting Dental Contest Winners Names Request, c/o Zoetis 10 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07840. Winners Lists will be sent as soon as administratively feasible after the prizes have been awarded. Requests for Winner List must be received by March 1,2019.